Tour & Outing Events Coordinator – Contact Margaret Ayre
NSW Art Gallery – FULLY BOOKED
A Public Transport day out.
A public transport day out for a visit to the New Art Gallery plus lunch at own expense.
We have received a letter from the Gallery confirming that Lindy Batchelor will be our guide for the duration of the tour.
Please meet at Art Gallery at 10.45 ready for our conducted tour with Lindy at 11am. Guest numbers 20 – 6 places still available.
See more information on page 12 of the July Newsletter.
5 October 2023
Drive yourself or car share day out
As it’s school holiday’s I thought it would be a good time to have a grandchildrens’ outing You can come even without children.
- All packages are concession pricing for groups of 10 or more paid tickets
- You must hold a Senior or Pensioner concession card and show at entry.
- All applicable fees must be paid into the Probus bank account
- Please indicate in the “Other Information” field what your payment covers when registering on-line
Concession $29.99 pp
Children 3-16 $22.39 pc
Entry and morning tea package:
$38.99 pp – Day entry to the zoo to explore all attractions,
25% off standard concession day rate.
A muffin/croissant and freshly brewed coffee/tea.
Entry and lunch package
$52.99 pp. Day entry to the zoo to explore all attractions,
25% off standard concession day rate.
Includes cooked lunch or sandwich platter and a drink.
More information on Page 13 of the July Newsletter.
Seven Islands Cruise
Cost $49.00 per person – Payment due by end September.
Two seats available as at 30 August
Maximum capacity: 27 Passengers
Availability: Thursday and Friday
Departs and Returns: Elizabeth Macarthur Public Pontoon
Bathrooms: 1 bathroom on-board
Wheelchair accessible: No
We board our heritage motor launches which takes you around Goat and close to Berry islands before a short stop at Cockatoo Island to see the historic docks. West of Cockatoo Island the cruise includes Rodd, Snapper, and Spectacle islands. Our guides will tell you about the various purposes Sydneysiders and some interesting visitors have used these islands for!
- Cruise from Darling Harbour to the Parramatta River, and Iron Cove bridge.
- Hear stories of gunpowder moving slowly west, see the results of convict labour, water police bases.
- See a location of bacteriological research, rats and rabbits, and a famous French actress and her dogs. Mid route, we disembark for a short stop to view the docks at Cockatoo Island.
What to wear:
Bring a windproof jacket as the breeze can be cool on the Harbour. Please wear sensible footwear – stilettos and sharp-heeled shoes are strictly prohibited.
- Our guide will meet you at the grassy area opposite the wharf at Elizabeth Macarthur Public Pontoon
- You should arrive before the Check in time of 11.30 AM
- Boarding: 11.45AM
- Depart: 12.00PM
- Returns: 2.30PM
Vessel: 1902 VIP Steam Launch Lady Hopetoun
- Walk from Town Hall station across the historic Pyrmont Bridge (15 min), then walk to Pirrama Park (11 min)
- Pyrmont Bay ferry from Wharf 5 at Circular Quay. Alight at Pyrmont Bay, walk to Pirrama Park (11 min)
- Light Rail from Central Station. Alight at John Street, then walk down Harris Street to Pirrama Park (5 min)
- Bus No 389 which runs from Bondi Junction to Pyrmont and goes through the city via Park St. There is a stop at Pirrama Park (see: https://transportnsw.info/routes/details#/sydney-busesnetwork/389/31389)
Jones Bay Wharf Car Park: 17-23 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont and a 5 min walk to Pirrama Park
13 to 19 May 2024
We have a confirmation from On-Course Tours and will be staying at Bright Colonial Motel. It’s a lovely 4-star property We have taken 20 of their 22 rooms. Please check reviews.
The minimum requirement is 30 for this exclusive tour.
We have overnight stops at Jindabyne and Wagga Wagga and a 4-night stay at Bright.
I don’t have a costing at present.
A full itinerary is being finalised and should be received in October.